Sunday, April 26, 2015

Hello, I'm A Devil

Almost a year ago, "someone" called my wife and said that I am "the devil." Well, let's see what the Merriam-Webster Dictionary says about this word:

- an evil spirit
- an extremely wicked person
a person of notable energy, recklessness, and dashing spirit; also  :  one who is mischievous
something very trying or provoking
severe criticism or rebuke
the difficult, deceptive, or problematic part of something


So, am I this type of person? Am I really the devil? This past week, I feel like I am. Let me tell you why.

Since I've been 6 or 7 years old, I've known that I'm different. I'm an oddity, unorthodox, open minded, irreligious, and an all around nice guy. Oh yeah, I am VERY opinionated.

Since leaving the Christian religion (thank God) and refuting every other religion there is in this beautiful world (including dogmatism), I've been catching it. Any of you who've been following my blogs for a minute, I've gone through a "wonderful change." I've got no problem outing pimp preachers, historical facts about religions (i.e.-King James "Version", who was an openly gay man), talking about different waves of relationships, and the list goes on. I've got this one newly former friend get out the pocket and I had to put him in his place. Now I understand, I am a devil.

I'm a devil in certain sub-cultures of American society because I share my opinion (based on facts) and won't downplay or mince my words to make you feel better. Obviously, for the past 2 year journey to finding what this life is really about, people haven't done so with me. I'm a devil to people who like to live in their fantasy world where they believe the world revolves around them. I'm a devil because I'm not into deceptive group thinking and proud of my individuality. I'm a devil because I'd rather tell people the truth than tell a lie. I'm a devil because I take whatever road brings me to where I need to be instead of being like other folks sticking to the "one way" route.

I'll be a devil but for real though, I'm an angel. I'm not deceptive. I can be problematic to certain sociopathic, dogmatic individuals. I only get real with criticism and rebukes when those same folks get out of pocket because they believe in what THEY'RE saying is all the way right. I'm only trying and provoking when certain situations occur. I've got notable energy but not reckless, mischievous, or dashing. I'm definitely not an extremely wicked person or inhabited with evil spirits.

I'm being called and treated like a devil or a person who's lost because one, I'm not a Christian (and loving it) and don't back down to bullshit. People forget, I'm an Overton, and we don't lay down, we get down (in a verbal sense, not a physical sense). I'm not the only in this world feeling this way. I think we really don't care what people think or call us. Actually, when I'm treated like and called a devil, it boosts the inertia of success in my life. The real devils are those judging people, manipulating people, and living a world in a control. Unfortunately, there are more of us than them.
In the famous singing sigh of Bobby Womack, "huuuh." "People fear what they can't understand, that's the just the theory of man..." - Nasir Jones

Well, I know my post today is a bit "off" but eat the meat and spill out the bones.



Till next time, "Devilish Disco Dave......"

No comments:

Post a Comment