Thursday, January 1, 2015

What The Future Holds

It's a new year and of course, millions of Americans have made various new year resolutions, declarations, and one sentence cliches. It sounds very good to us, you know.


  • I'm going to do this year what I didn't do last year
  • I'm leaving behind what's happened last year and stepping out brand new this year
  • I decree and declare blessings over my life
  • I will not deal with any negativity this year
And the list goes on.....

But this is where The Big O (me) comes in, to "drop some science" or in the words of Red Foxxx, say   some things to get you to "dig the k-nowledge" on what this life is really all about. Many of us, I've said before, think these four bullets listed above will make their lives impenetrable to the "witty unpredictable" winds of life. Many of us think that God's blessings don't come with some storms along the road of life. Many of us are thinking and saying all these "great expectations" about what 2015 should bring in "our eyesight" yet, we are not God. Therefore, we don't know how this year will go. We plan have "vision parties", watch night services, hell, wild skirmishes on Bourbon Street, thinking life will be a sweet gentle breeze this year. Well, let me remind you of what 2014 brought us. 

Cop killings. Innocents killed by cops. Republicans are back in control of the Senate. Gas prices are going down. More states approve gay marriage. Rick Perry's indicted. Two southern preachers got outed for spreading the AIDS virus to women in their congregations. ISIS (Al Qaeda) is back. Afghanistan drug trade (unbeknown to many Americans) is the number 1 reason why we're over there for the past 13 plus years. Obamacare is in full swing. The economy is getting a little bit better. Musical revolution is back in full swing. Sony gets hacked.

I named all of these to show us that life is very unpredictable and we humans don't like that. Many of us who are religious believe God is going to do that or this for us; praying (really commanding) the Creator to work for the created. Many of us who are negative think nothing good will come out of this year. Many of us who are optimists always see the greater and better. But I'm a part of a group called the realists, people who see the good and bad to keep a balanced view. So, what does the future hold for us in 2015? I don't know. I do know for myself, there are a few things I'd like to accomplish and things I want to say. Will I still deal with the b.s. this life will bring? Yes. I don't have any slogans. I don't have any cliches. All I have is faith within myself, my loved ones, and God that whatever happens, happens. Welcome to this thing called life. I hate to burst a lot of y'all's bubbles, but if I don't come with the truth then you'll keep on having your heads stuck in the clouds. Come on down to planet earth. Yes, enjoy the new year but know this, life is something else. I think God created life to show us that we don't have complete control over it, only He does. I've accepted that. I'm good. I do hope the future holds changes within some topics I will be addressing this year. 

I do know I'm not holding no more punches on my opinions. One friend calls me the Blog Thug. I like that....

Well, that's all I have for today. Happy safe and balanced new year......

Til next time, GTG Overton....



No comments:

Post a Comment