Saturday, January 17, 2015

The Hypocrisy of America's Two Dominant Religions

I've been fighting whether or not to write this blog but I won't be able to sleep tonite or think straight in the future until I share my thoughts. <I'm known to shoot first and ask questions later...> I recently saw or came across a picture of a gay couple fixing their kids' hair. As I looked through Twitter and Facebook (mostly Facebook), most people were throwing Bible scriptures out there. Usually, these folks feel the need to show and share their allegiance to the world as "ministers of Christ" to a "sinful world." Of course, I've been keeping my eyes on the ISIS/Charlie Hebdo situation occurring in Europe and the Middle East. The senseless killings of innocent people, men, women, and children in the name of "Allah." Then it hit me this Tuesday, Christianity and Islam, or the people who practice these two religions (for the most part) are hypocrites. So, before I go any further, let me post what Merriam-Webster's Dictionary defines the word, hypocrisy:

Hypocrisy:  the behavior of people who do things that they tell other people not to do : behavior that does not agree with what someone claims to believe or feel or a feigning to be what one is not or to believe what one does not; especially  :  the false assumption of an appearance of virtue or religion



Now, I know I'm a hypocrite, was a hypocrite, and will probably be a hypocrite for the rest of my life in certain issues of life. I really want to focus on these two religions that dominate American culture. Of course, Christianity is the most dominate religion because it was brought across to the Americas since the 15th century from the Spaniards, the British, and the list goes on. Fast forward the 20th and 21st century, Christianity has left a foul taste in the mouths of many people from the learned to the unlearned. The biggest hypocrisy we can find in Christianity today is the financial empires of churches, pastors, doctrines, and twisted usages of the Bible to support unrealistic views of the Charismatic movement (thanks to Azuza Street alias The Occult Revival). People who practice this religion (not all of course, there are good, peaceful, and open minded Christians out there) love to quote scriptures and gut check people who are dealing with addictions, living a homosexual/transgender lifestyle (although many of them are active in "Christian/holy music", or "secular" music artists. However, when reports of a pastor with AIDS sleeps with multiple women in his congregation, churches operating as 501c3 non-profit organizations making profit (through tithes and offerings), and be exploited by politicians to stay in the Senate/Congress, nobody says nothing. The same we can say for those in the Islamic religion (not all of course, there are good, peaceful, and open minded Muslims out there) who love to quote the (probably non-canonical) scripture commanding Muslims to "kill infidels, Jews, etc. in the name of Allah, and through self sacrificed promised "virgins in heaven." However, when people are murdering innocent people for drugs, power, control, and respect, killing outed gay Muslims (yet homosexuality is an accepted practice in "certain" countries-I know, I've been to a few), and the richer get richer and the poorer get screwed, nobody says nothing. I'm at a point in my life asking God and myself, are these religions even come from you? Are they an invention of men to control the masses of people looking to belong to something or some association to gain an identity? I see hypocrisy from these two religions, or maybe I say the cult leaders who lead other "proselytes" to become "twice the devil in hell as they are." It's funny though, knowing both the Bible and Koran to a certain degree, they both share similarities. The few Christians and Muslims I've seen across the world from Europe to Qatar to California, I've seen nothing but humility, love, and firm stances denouncing the hypocrisy riddling these religions. I think the solution to all these "mainstream" hypocrisies found in Christianity and Islam is holding more open forums. Let's get some good and bad leaders/teachers/expositors of these religions together in their perspective places in a place for the public to come (for free) and deal with these hard issues. Let the people having questions and distaste for both share their thoughts. I know that hypocrisy will never go away with people practicing these two religions as long as people pass down certain traditions from person to person and from generation to generation (sounds like a virus or other communicable diseases-doesn't it?). In no way am I trying to bash these two religions because both of these religions have done great things for our society to be where we are today. Many have benefited and are living better lives. However, I believe it's time to deal with the hypocrisies that in time will put more and more people in the red (debt) than in the black (profit).

Think about it, my friends, I can't say it all.....

Til next time.........

No comments:

Post a Comment