Friday, January 9, 2015

Say No To Drugs 2015

During my 15 minute breaks at work (normally my afternoon one), I mess with one my friends, "K-Rob." Since last year (after the Michael Brown shooting), we got this inside joke we tell each other concerning "his" black folks (I say I'm not black but brown, that's "my philosophy"-BDP, circa '88). We get it in but one headline he told me about had both of us dying laughing on the floor. He told me about this dude (of course a black dude) in Baltimore walking into a police station armed telling them he was "sent" to test the station's security. Man, I was on the floor laughing and K-Rob was about to have a heart attack. Anyone who knows about "B-more" knows some of those black folks are on some other s---. As I heard this story, I envisioned this dude had to be high and when I read about this story, dude was holding weed and coke (he probably "got high on his own supply-10 Crack Commandments). As I departed from K-Rob's desk heading to my section across the hallway, it hits me, "Cocaine's a helluva drug." Not only coke but there are many substances we as Americans lace our system with, physically, emotionally/mentally, and spiritually,. Physically, our bodies are laced with controlled substances, alcohol, and painkillers, Emotionally/mentally, our minds and psyche are laced with pipe dreams, delusions, and dumb s---. Spiritually, our souls/spirits are laced with belief systems to the main population of America seem weird and out of touch with God reality. This isn't a shot at the black community only, its to all of us. It's crazy, man, that after 20-30 years later, Nancy Reagan was right, "Say No To Drugs." Whatever drugs fits our fancies, they can destroy our lives and everything that's connected to us. Just like this young man in Baltimore (who's probably going to get 15-25 years), drugs jacks up our thought processes and we end up dealing with some stiff consequences. Once the effects are over, we're going to be like, "what the f--- did I do?" Detox is a mother------.

But some of us who leave "unscathed" look back and say to ourselves, "what the f--- was I thinking?"
I've had a couple of epiphanies recently.

I hope you learn from this article posted below (and get a laugh out of it as I did).

Say no to drugs, whatever they be....

Till next time......

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/blog/bs-md-ci-police-station-gun-20150106-story.html

No comments:

Post a Comment