Saturday, August 30, 2014

What Goes Around Come Around

Last night was one of the most liberating moments of my life. As I pushed through the fast pumping heart in my chest, the fear in my mind, and the anxiety in my body, I confronted some people who did my family wrong (including my friends and family back in North Carolina). As they say in the old movie flicks from the 1930s and 1940s, I "let them have it." Yep, I could have cussed them out but I didn't. I gave them what us Williams-Overtons-Royals do best, we strip you down with "the sword of our mouths." I didn't relent. I didn't hesitate. I negated the "soft-spoken" scriptures I was indoctrinated for years telling me to "turn the other cheek." Hell no. I got in their faces and confronted with the truth. Of course, they all ran like a bunch of b-----s but that's what they are to the core. They look shooting at people but don't like getting shot. It felt good, an action I haven't done in over a decade. As they peeled off in their expensive European car, I told them what the old schools used to tell us on Fisher St. in Raleigh NC, "what goes around comes around. The same way you do people is what's gonna be done to you." In their arrogance, they scoffed at my words but anyone who knows David Overton, they'll tell you, when I mark you, that mark doesn't wear off. I'm not talking about people curses on people, roots, and all that other voodoo-like stuff like these people have been doing to my loved ones, I'm talking opening a path for God's vengeance to pour down on them like acid rain. A lot of Christian people hold onto this teaching that's actually in the Bible, "Vengeance is mine says the Lord, I shall repay." Indeed that's true but how is God turning the tables on one of his creations doing is other creations knowingly wrong? He uses other people to exact his revenge on them. For the first time ever, I was used as "instrument" of judgment and boy, it felt good (there's still one more person I've got to make their pay day turn into a no pay due day). You see, my friends (I haven't said that in a while, apologies), as I've shared before, karma is real. When we do people dirty, dirt is coming right back into your life to bury you. Sometimes it'll come from other people used to make your life a living s----y hell. Sometimes, the same people you s-----d on in the past may become your boss one day to stop your gravy train of laziness at work. Karma is real and if you're not careful, it'll come back to haunt you. It may last a few minutes. For some people I know, it's gonna last for them until they breathe their last breath. People love to dish out but can't take s---t. Look at what the people of Babylon did to Daniel. They lie on him, falsely accuse him, and change laws to get him executed. But Daniel was vindicated once King Darius saw what was really going on. The same people that tried to s--t on Daniel got a chance to make their first and last visit to the lion's den. Not only them but their families as well (one thing we must remember is that people who're connected to us will suffer the same fate when karma strikes). Or what about Haman punk a$$ plot against Mordecai? This dude set up gallows for this dude but ended up visiting his rat trap himself. This is the perfect time of the year when people you see s----ing on people are the ones getting s----ed on. They are reaping what they sow. And God ain't doing a dog on thing to stop no matter how much people praying and fasting to stop it. When you mess with His kids, retribution shall be ordered and served. I just wanted to let whoever is out there reading this blog to know that. You're not forgotten and the blood that was spilled swiftly by the actions of evil people; know that you will be avenged. Hell, God might use you to be the instrument of judgement to get them back (I'm not talking through violence but verbal and literary advocacy).

Til next time.........."The Wolverine"

No comments:

Post a Comment