Monday, August 25, 2014

An Understanding

Wow, I've had some interesting conversations over the past weekend. One was with a "young buck" (a 20 year old dude in the Army) who "eavesdropped" in a conversation I was having with a friend. Of course, it was about how 99.9% of churches are just a places where people scam others with their teachings and doctrines in the name of God. Of course, the kid was coming at me with the same bulls--- I gave to others years prior yet I understood where he was coming. Maybe good intentions but a bad move into messing with one of the illest dude in the Bible, DGWO. No, I didn't "crucify" him but was "dropping some jewels" on him (there I go with Mobb Deep quotes again). Some things I was saying made sense to him, other things, it's going to take this thing we call life to take him through some hard lessons. The end result of that conversation was this, he's gotta lot of "knowledge" but no understanding. Understanding is the application of knowledge, to see through the bulls--- that's around you, to see when it's time to say something and when it's time to shut your d---- mouth. And understanding doesn't happen at a one time event of enlightenment, it occurs until the say we die. However, I'm learning as the times have gone by from the 80s to present day planet Earth, more and more people are waning in understanding. Let me break it down. When someone you know is going through, not by the mistakes they've made, just life, that's the time to show compassion, empathy, and be that shoulder to cry on. That's the time to provide wisdom, not with judgement but with love. Understanding will cause people in management positions in our society to make decisions that will benefit the commonwealth (everyone) in one way or another not for their own benefit. In times, when things are going wrong because of bad management decisions, that's the time to implement understanding, which includes hearing the voice of the people who are making them look good, and make the necessary changes. However, we live in the "New Dark Ages" (hint, hint....) where understanding is blinded and condoned. I'm trying y'all to keep my understanding about the world and people around me. It's not easy but it's so necessary. We just need to have some understanding, a third eye, a world wide view. Understanding doesn't see black and white, it gives us both of those plus the gray area people believe doesn't exist (Catch 22s). We need understanding, all we have to do is ask and search for it. I do warn you, people around you aren't going to "dig the knowledge" you'll be dropping but as long as you got it to navigate through this rough terrain of life, then you're good. Understanding will help you halt you from rushing to judgments about things and people. Understanding will slow you down, stop, look, and listen (I guess Vanilla Ice had some good insight too, lol). Well, I'm done with my tangent for today.....

Til next time.......

No comments:

Post a Comment