Thursday, February 5, 2015

Are We Our Brother's Keeper?

I reintroduced myself to one of my top five rappers of all time, O.C. I haven't heard his music for over 14 years (yeah, that's a long time). I just finished listening to about every album he's put out. One of my favorites is 2005's Smoke and Mirrors. My favorite joint on there is Brothers Keeper. This song is real to me because I've been a betrayer of friends/family and been betrayed by friends/family. It's one of the deepest daggers to the heart you can ever feel. People you regard as loved ones from friends to family members can turn on you in a second. Some for cash, some for opportunities, others out of jealousy, and others out of confusion. One of the most famous phrases in world history is, "Am I My Brothers Keeper?" Some will say yes I am from a pure heart and others say it to mask their wicked heart. I guess what sparked me to write this post was a documentary I watched on showing how Rich Porter's uncle killed his nephew for the love of money. That's foul man how he dismembered the kid and dumped his body. People are turning on each other like never before for the love of cash, power, and social status. Innocent lives are being screwed from one's reckless ambition. While they live the high life, the victims are paying the price for their abusers mistakes (I hope you caught that). In the Gospels, Jesus talked about how people will turn on one another for selfish gains. Selfish gains are the results of a hateful heart. People will see their brother or sister doing well and out of envy and intimidation tear them down. They'll spit lies to others who know them and make them turn on the person, too. Years down the line, people see the envious soul for who they really are but by that time, it's too late. The damage has been done. Cain killed Abel not because he "worship of God" was better, he killed him because of intimidation and jealousy. That's what people are doing to others today. Some "repent" and make it right to those they hurt, others say they "repent" and keeping screwing up more people's lives. But karma is a "beyotch" and when she needs to be fed, she goes after the people who need to pay for their selfish crimes. I've learned and still learning to be my brothers keeper. That doesn't mean I become a yes man and let people use abuse me. That doesn't mean every time someone asks for help I'll be like God and save them. I hope that you all hear what I'm saying in this message to heart. Stay loyal to those who've been loyal to you. No matter how thick things gets, no matter what lies the outsiders say about those you've ran with for years and stay true to the game, don't turn on them. Remember what happened to Judas? After seeing the errors of his ways, he ended up killing himself. So if you aren't your brothers keeper, check yourself. If you are your brothers keeper, spread this discipline to others that need it.

Til next time, my friends, ISWTFIF (you'll figure out what this means....)

And a special treat from Omar Credle's very slept on "Brother's Keeper" http://youtu.be/96Tz3uzwgYo


2 comments:

  1. welcome to the new AR multi-player FPS the game will be release soon so be ready for fighting this evil demons gang and stop them to get to our family. Join this great multi-player shooter game with your friends.Here are some Glance of the game. Price maybe little different between country to another.

    ReplyDelete

  2. welcome to the new AR multi-player FPS the game will be release soon so be ready for fighting this evil demons gang and stop them to get to our family. Join this great multi-player shooter game with your friends.Here are some Glance of the game. Price maybe little different between country to another.

    ReplyDelete