Saturday, February 14, 2015

What Is Love?

I've been thinking a lot for a few days now. My beautiful wife Dionn and I had a very honest conversation. I admitted to her last night some things she didn't like but understood. Of course, it was about my old and new religious beliefs. I believe in a higher power many of us call God. I no longer believe in the Christian and its flawed philosophy of how to get closer to God. Maybe from all I've been through for the 24 years of my 33 and half year life, church has changed the way I believe. I told her basically, I'm no longer a Christian (thank God) and more of an agnostic, or just a plain ole theist. Now there is a "differences of opinion" yet I had to tell her this. We have something that exceed relgion, money, politics, and racism. What we have caused men of various races, cultures, and creeds to help bringing hope and healing after the September 11th tragedy. What we have pushes teachers working in a pathetic school system to ensure their students get quality education. It's the force that pushes a rape victim to forgive his or her rapist. It's called love. In Central Texas, a lot of people say they love God and go to church faithfully every Sunday. They read their Bible, speak in tongues, and pray long pretensive prayers. They willingly give large offerings hoping to gain the mothers or fathers love from their pastors and forgiveness from God. However, they can't even love people who leave church from being hurt. Ministers beat on their wives. Pastors take their members' money. The poor, destitute, and homeless become scapegoats of a one time mission session on Thanksgiving to make a church feel good (-Maslows Theory). They say they love God but hate on the "people of the wolrd" due to their abundance of wealth, fame, and accolades. That's not love. That's hate. So, what is love? Love is being genuine, even when you don't like somebody. Love is sticking with those down people, especially during the hard times. Love is forgiveness toward your enemies. Love is taking care of your family first before trying to save the world. Love isn't holy living, love isn't people pleasing, love isn't lying. Love damn sure isn't faking. Love is a force that's transferred and felt. It changes people. It makes people put aside their differences and come to one point of saying, I love you.

That's what love is. It transcends religion, evil, and time. Love is God, God is love, and love benefits the human race.

Til next time my friends.....


1 comment:

  1. You offer valid points that are honest I have wrestled with much of the church's theology and have resigned myself to the teachings of Jesus Christ as the map to Love People have taken the gospel and spiked it to their liking They take pleasure and robbing us from the real teachings of the Master Teacher You may have found yourself on an Isle of Pathmos journey but I rest assure you God is only working the impurities of organized out religion out of you so that you may see clearly once again His love. Sad to say down through the years there have been some very poor role models including myself We can be so heavenly bound we are no earthly good. As you go through these various processes I want you to know that I love you and Dionn Let the process continue I believe on the other side of it you will see God as He is separate from man's frail and frivilous view God is real Love is Real and it is always available you don't have to leave your home to witness it Just open the pages of the Bible and you will see His love for you. Keep Writing My Son

    ReplyDelete