Friday, February 20, 2015

Closure

This week is about closure. It's about reaching a place where enough is enough to destructive habits. It's about coming to the "knowledge of self" ("Back to the one..." as the RZA says in "The Tao Of Wu"). It's about leaving the nest and to fly into the world of the unknown. Some of you that may read this and have spoke recently know what I'm talking about. I'm pretty sure word will spread of my impending "departure" and will have some great "fake church services." As I left a place today I reference as my saving grace ("Waco RO" 8/2012 to 2/2015), it was heartbreaking to leave some good friends, who I consider family, and talking some junk to those "Cowboys." It's going to be crazy in this next phase of my life and for my family as we make the transition to the "Land of Red Clay." We've been here (if you've read my other blogs, you'll know where we're @) for 13 bullets, 11 of them in "Alcatraz." 1 of them was a time of healing. The first bullet was spent deployed. We both made the mutual decision that it's time to venture out and see what this world has to offer. Some religious folks misquote the words of Christ, "what does it profit a man for him to gain the whole world and lose his soul?" Where I live at, the religious fundamentalists believe seeking to be rich, settled, and building a good life for yourself in a "secular world" is selling your soul to the devil. That's a lie. What Christ meant is that we shouldn't trade in our soul, our very essence, the knowledge of self, in exchange for something that isn't meant for you (or us), that will only pollute you, and eventually destroy you. That's what he meant and I'd like to hear the rebuttals (sorry, you'll lose, I'm the illest dude when it comes to "The Book"). Now with all this, I've come to closure. It's not easy and it's been a long time coming. The changes and transitions are still occurring within the next few months but that's what adulthood and career is all about. It's reaching you destiny and one day my "seeds" will look at us and say, wow, mom and dad are some OGs, triple OGs. Haha. It's hard though because I'm leaving some people behind in body but still connected in spirit.

So what's the point I'm trying to make here?



The point is, whatever issues, problems, or beefs you got in your life, bring them to a closure. After watching one of my favorite shows, a conversation on there was about bring closure to a situation. So, that's what I'm doing.

We all need closure, no matter our race, culture, or creed. Closure is the stepping stone to our success. It is the platform to our stake of life in this crazy world.

Till next time, my friends........Get Closure.........

1 comment:

  1. Tears of Joy because of the King you are becoming my son Keep writing and expressing it is helping all of us Remember we are here to be a sounding board Love ya

    ReplyDelete