Saturday, November 15, 2014

Reflections Are Eternal

Today, I've had a "damn" moment. Not a moment of admiring one of Lebron's dunks, or winning the Texas Lottery (wishful thinking again), it was a time of reflection. Just a year ago, my life chained to the murky cell of religion. Today, I'm taking a load off from a very fast paced week at work, where I found out yesterday, I'll be working on a new team starting Monday. As I writing this blog in my place of refuge, Barnes and Noble, I'm in a place of reflection. For the better part of 2014, I've wasted a lot time, money, and energy numbing myself to the pain of betrayal, dishonesty, lies, corruption, abandonment, depression, anger, frustration, revenge, and hatred after 10 years of "spiritual abuse." People like my main man "Big Joe" reached out and said something very key that I wake up to and sleep on, "during this process, don't become like them." The very nature of a sociopath has been eating away at my soul all year but I'm beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I'm beginning to feel certain destructive emotions, thoughts, and actions lose their grip on my soul. Some Christian folks will say, it's God and there's no doubt that it is. But maybe, just maybe, the gift of free will and tenacity is now becoming stronger. Deep inside, I want to live, I don't want to die. For the past three weeks, I've been on a "Bobby Womack binge", listening mostly to him and Andre Cymone's (Prince's first bass player and childhood friend) The Stone. They have helped through this moment of clarity, see through the smoke and mirrors of the pain. I have come to the conclusion, it's time for me to live and be all that I'm supposed to be. Create music and share my gift to the world by my wife's side. Continue to be the voice of the voiceless, especially the "spiritually ignorant" who continue to place all their bets on the "set man/woman of God" to lead them into a better life. I've come to the conclusion, as the second to the last of the Overtons, it's time to live with a mentality to not only survive, but thrive in this crazy world, "To Be Frutiful or Die Trying." I'm the master of my own destiny by the choices that I make here and now. What happened in the past is nothing to live in as if it is happening in the present. It's there to teach me lessons and to tell me, you ole battle axe, you're still swinging. Today or whenever you read this blog, take time to reflect on your life. Until you say the d word, the power of reflection has occurred yet, my friends. 

Til next time.....

1 comment:

  1. Yes I second that my son Absolutely growth is taking place and you are evolving into an independent beung only dependent on the Creator

    ReplyDelete