Thursday, November 6, 2014

I'm No Saint

You see the title and I don't want to be one, either.

Matter of fact, what does a saint mean?

one officially recognized especially through canonization as preeminent for holiness

one of God's chosen and usually Christian people

one eminent for piety or virtue

Well, I'm not a "holy man, nor a "chosen man of God", nor one eminent for piety or virtue (in a religious sense)", I'm just me. A hot headed (when people rub me the wrong way), intelligent, three-tiered degree, son, husband, "VSR", friend, brother, writer, "criminal-minded", and the list goes on; homo-sapien. I'm no saint and I'm glad about it. Why? I'm being who I want to be and still, (sort of like Common), becoming a better person. I'm no longer seeking "holiness", I'm seeking wholeness. Holiness is for people to walk around town impressing people of how righteous and deep (revelatory) they are (just my opinion). It's not to give glory to God, it's to impress others just like high school kids do on the first day in school. No better way for people to feel special, blessed, and confident than taking the "holy-roller" road. I'm seeking the path of wholeness, the continual growth and maturation of self, and to make a lil' money along the way (legally of course). I believe that I have a good yet damaged heart. I believe there are good traits about me, hell, maybe like "the salt of the earth." But I'm not living my life to attain some higher level of spiritual purity. I believe that I can reach a higher level of consciousness in making better choices. But this whole spiritual purity thing, I'm not down with. I truly believe that the worst of the worst, those who lead their lives mostly like hell will beat "the righteous, holy; the saints" into heaven. Jesus said himself said (ppl love quoting Paul but never quote Jesus about this particular issue....). Remember, it's not about what you do, it's about the heart....I've tried "living right" and it only had me betray the essence of who and what I was originally intended to be. Bold, wise, loving, adventurous, inquisitive, and my favorite, crazy. These traits and various others exclude me from the "Fully Developed Saint Program" when I'm processed under strict rules of how i can talk, think, act, eat, associate with, and places to go. I'm no saint, I'm a sinner and I like it very, very much, my friends. Sainthood makes ppl believe they are something they're not. Sinner-hood bows the heart to understand God's mercy.

Til next time, David "The Big O Sinner" Womack....

No comments:

Post a Comment