Monday, March 24, 2014

My Religious Free Life

My mind is free now that I've finished my MBA program (yay!). Now I can truly go through my own personal "cell therapy." I can truly say that my life is religious free. What do you mean, some of you may ask? First of all, me and religion have never been friends. Religion hates me because it can't control me and I hate religion because it controls people. In my 30 plus years of knowing about religion, I've never really seen religion do anybody good. Historically (namely the Roman Catholic Church's Inquisition), religion has ended the lives of many people. It's financially raped families, stolen from bereaved widows, abused children, and given people in "pseudo" leadership positions "the power" to do, think, and say whatever they wanted to (I'll have a blog discussing the problem with Sauls running churches later this week). I've seen my grandparents almost messed over by religion, my parents, too. Just recently, I almost got robbed 10 years of my life. Although I forgive "those people" for their "subtle" wrongdoing, dude hasn't forgot and he will share what he's experienced to help others going through the same things. So what is my life like now? First, I'm learning to understand the true grace of God, not the works to attain his grace. I'm also enjoying the new found joys of going to church and leaving 45 minutes later rather than being in church for almost 8 hrs (like a job). I can sit and listen to things that are about everyday life rather than a bunch of 3rd heaven/revelation mess that was given keep me under the trance of manipulation and control. I'm also learning to pray again, not stupid long drawn out prayers that's prayed in amiss, but a one on one conversation with God. No longer am I involved with notions of judging other religions and Christians in different denominations with an "elitist" mind set. Most importantly, I'm learning to treat others with respect and true love opposed to what I learned from a "bugged out" organization. Now I'm free not to do as I please but love the life I've been given. That statement may offend a lot of snooty super spiritual Christians who don't read the news, have no compassion for others, quote a millions scriptures, and have 20 ministerial titles. It's cool. I really don't care because I've knocked out religion out of my life. I'm still transitioning, throwing out all that mess I've learned while tangled in religion. But time heals all wounds and teaches all things. It's all good now, my friends. As the Wu says, "The saga continues."

Til next time, The Pot Stirrer....

2 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you son For standing your ground with God and deleting all those who have tried to take the place of Him. Once we see God free from religion we can truly see our purpose and our goals come to fruition. Forgive and move on! Forget maybe? But some lessons are better remembered than forgotten Congratulations of the MBA now just one more diploma that's James Love Your Sr.Pot Stireer

    ReplyDelete