Tuesday, July 17, 2012

There's A Father To The Fatherless

Early this morning, I got a thought in my head and I knew it was God saying to me, "You've got to stop feeling like I've abandoned you." He was right and every time I go through difficulties in my life, I always feel like He doesn't care. That's how I've been doing God, y'all. I was acting like a fatherless child. A lot of us know God as a healer, a way maker, a provider, a judge, and a savior. But how many of us know God as our Father? I remember a message from Christian rapper Mark J from his album Soulutions. He was talking about how many of us talk about God but don't talk to Him (don't know Him on a personal level). There's a lot of us who talk about God from what He does to getting people when they do wrong. There's very few of us who know God on a personal level, who are married to Him, you know. It's gotten passed the point of us saying we're blessed and highly favored. We need to be at a place where we are intimate with God. It's not through long drawn out prayers where we're seeing people getting caught up but we don't feel that closeness with HIm. It's time out for us even trying to be self-reliant and having an independence of ourselves. Now, I'm not saying we have faith without works because even Abraham believed God and stepped out on faith (works -James 2:17-26). What I am saying is we've got to learn to allow God to be our Father. The role of a father is vital in a child's life. The role of father is being a nurturer, a provider, to set discipline, and to challenge his child; setting them up for success. Many of us are momma's babies because mother's have a softer side. However, the love a father is similar to a rock that's immovable. This is the character of Jesus, a rock, a provider, a nurturer, one who disciplines, and one who challenges His children for success. Right now in my life, I know Jesus of all the above except for being a provider. To break down the word provider a litter further, one that won't abandon nor forsake you; especially in times of need. A lot of us including myself have had our fathers run out on us but God never runs out on us. He's right there even in our darkest nights. If we would stop panicking, we'll see the Father standing right there with His hands extended. I'm learning right now to allow God to be my Father. I have many fathers in my life, William "Daddy-O" Overton, Pastor Tony Royal, and Apostle Quane Scott. However, they're not physically present in my life for one reason. It's I get to know Jesus as a Father and let Him father me. These three great men have taught me so much about God but now it's time to put it into practice. It's time to build a father-son relationship between God and I. I know this may seem weird to some of you because I've been talking about some heavy stuff lately. But I really do believe I'm not the only one in the world who's lived a "fatherless" life; even for us who are Christians and quote "religious people." Psalms 68:5-6 says God is a Father to the fatherless and puts the solitary (people who feel abandoned, forgotten, and forsaken) in families. I truly believe a lot of us are displaced but God is ready to place us into His kingdom full of families waiting to love us. Most importantly, He wants to experience the power of His Fatherly love. Well, I guess that's all for today. Let's all learn to allow ourselves to be fathered by the greatest Father of all. dgwo.

Reference:
Psalms 68:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment