Monday, May 5, 2014

The Question of Armor Bearing, Is It Right?

I was listening to a radio interview over the Internet (pimppreacher.com) and the discussion was about the "office of an armor bearer." As I got into the first 15-20 minutes of it, all I could do was shake my head. To give you guys a back story of my former "ministry" days, I was an armor bearer for a "small-time" ministry church that was into the "big-time" church image for over 7 years. When I look back those wasteful years in this position, it's a bit embarrassing. If you take time to read Judges and 1st Samuel in the Bible, this position is mentioned in a few areas. We mostly see this title used for King Saul and Jonathan. The famous king (and pimp) David was King Saul's armor bearer until spears and accusations were being thrown at him. Through years of screw ups, living the real "trife life", and doing dirty things in the name of himself, the Philistines, Israel's famed enemy, killed Saul's sons and basically had him surrounded. After facing the truth of his demise, he asks his "armor bearer" to kill him so he wouldn't face torture from the Philistines (like a b----). The armor bearer said nope so Saul committed suicide and looking at the fate of his "master", he went out the same way. There's a book by a famed armor bearer by Terry Nance called, "God's Armor bearer." My first experience with this book (after making some copies of it), I immersed myself in this indoctrination of this:

For the vision, purpose, dreams, opportunities, and goals for my own life and family must "die" to ensure the promotion and success of my pastor.

Another principle I definitely don't agree with is having "the spirit of the pastor." If you're a "Christian" shouldn't you only be concerned with having the spirit of Christ? So what do I do if my pastor is emotional, a liar, a cheater, a robber, prideful, a "tambourine player" (hahaha), a robber, a philanderer, etc.? What then? Think about it.

Now, after reading these statements, the average American would be like, "what the hell?" Well, this is what I'm saying. For 7 years, my friends, I took hold of various perspectives this book talked about but later I see that 99.9% of it is wrong and a blatant twist of God's intent about "ministry." For years, I allowed myself to get used and abused, washing my former "spiritual leaders" (pastors) cars, dress like 'em, talk like them, preach like them, teach like them, think like them, act like them, and the list goes on. Carrying their bibles when they were about to preach with a clean sweat rag, and a bottled water. Carrying their things to and from their office when they arrived to and from the church (Alcatraz). Building new "ministries" within their pathetic and fledgling church like audio (with the assistance of others), music (with the assistance of others), websites, Facebook, and various other methods/ideas. Hell, it even got so bad I was washing their cars, taking off of work, etc. because I allowed myself to become indoctrinated in a system of abuse. Basically, my life was all about them and not about God until 2013 (when I came back from B-more), the light switch came on. I was mentally, emotionally, and spiritual emasculated, a man without his own identity or country. But that's when I got me back and rebelled. I learned that these things they learned in this same position they used to be in was the same crap I allowed them to feed me. When I began seeing them "fall like the stars of heaven", that's when I knew this armor bearer thing is nothing but effeminate-like, subservient, slavery-like position no man or woman should ever accept. Some or many who may read this may be in the same position I used to be in may feel a bit offended. That's what the truth does. My questions are these:

Why should you carry your pastor's bible, don't they have two hands? Can't they carry their own?

Their making payments on the car, so why can't they get their lazy butt up and wash their own car?

Why do they need someone to "cover" them when they're laying hands on folks? Where's your armor bearer when you're praying for someone you meet on the street?

Why should you give up your dreams, goals, and job opportunities to stay in the same place for years doing the same old thing like good and obedient lil' servant to a pastor's over the top vision?

If this is you, you're caught up in religion and a religious-exalting position that brings your life to a permanent halt and the person or people you're "serving" are getting all the rewards. Think about. I could go on and on but I'll leave you with some references to see where I'm coming from and a bugged out video from a bugged out preacher man who's been snorting some heavy doses of religious crack cocaine (more potent than what you'll find in Southeast DC). You may agree or disagree, cool. Do your research but if you're feeling what I felt, it's time for you to be like Abraham and run for the border.

Til Next Time, You know the name

References:

http://youtu.be/mJVV1huRN3M  (A hot messsss by the way, you'll see)

http://www.christianpost.com/news/armor-bearer-is-not-a-biblical-church-office-says-fla-pastor-in-viral-post-108998/

http://pimppreacher.com/CFR%20Radio  (choose number 69)

1 comment:

  1. Good blog!!!! May the Lord keep you and continue to use you

    ReplyDelete