Sunday, April 20, 2014

I Believe In Evolution

Some of you who may see this post may be like, "David has gone mad." You're right and yes, I do believe in evolution. What is evolution?

According to the Merriam-Webster Dictionary:

a process of slow change and development; a process of change in a certain direction :  unfoldinga process of continuous change from a lower, simpler, or worse to a higher, more complex, or better state :  growth the process of working out or developing

Well said. I've noticed within myself that I am evolving. What I once was ten years ago, a year ago, a week ago, even a day ago, is something or someone I'm not anymore. It's more than me growing dreadlocks, sporting earrings in my ears, rejecting religion, or owning a BMW (physical appearances fade and don't last) but it's about how I think and who I really am. I believe that God in fact created evolution, not making man from monkeys, but pushing us homo-sapiens to grow, mature, advance, evolve (just like every other species that is and was on this planet). Evolution is like a written code in our individual DNA that many of us are ignoring for most of our lives. We are resistant to change. We hate when things and people don't go our way or roll out the red carpet for us. Evolution challenges us at every hand and makes us realize that change is indeed inevitable. One of my favorite songs is by Motorhead, "Line In The Sand." One of its lyrics states:

"I see the line in the sand/trying to find out who I am....evolution...."

We should in many points in our lives face times of evolutions when we must break away from certain relationship or actions we've been comfortable with for so long. We think this is the way God intends things and relationships to be; but that's not truth, that's a lie. Many of us are missing our destiny because we never change or continue to resist change. Many of us have never been in a different country, pursued an alternative career path that many say that "we can't make any money in." Many of us have spoken against those old things, ideologies, and people that are the "opposite of working." Many of us are unhappy in places/organization/cultures that forbid individuality and personal wealth; claiming this is what God intends for us. Bull----. Continue to think that way and live a life full of regret. I've had enough of that and I'm accepting my time of evolution. Though the growing pains of my personal evolution hurts sometimes and sucks because I feel like I'm losing more than I'm gaining (in the short term), the long term reward is living in the next stage of my destiny until the next phase of evolution occurs. Every marriage, every workplace, every form of music, every friendship, everything and everyone must face evolution. As Charles Darwin says, "Only the strong survive." Why? Because the strong are made that way for they have undergone the process of empowering their entire lives once crippled by weakness (fear). Why do you think certain species are obsolete? My point exactly. So to all my people out there, I encourage you to believe in evolution; undergo the processes presented to you, and evolve into who and what you're supposed to be. 

Til next time, my friends.........

P.S. - Thanks Triple HHH, I believe in "Evolution."

No comments:

Post a Comment