Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Devils In Angel's Clothes

Man, there's a lot of fake people out there. At the job, at the mosque, at Target, at church, at the family reunions, in basic training, you know the drill. People smile in your face and ask you about what's going on in your life just to gather information from you to talk about you to others. People give you "words of encouragement" to bait that $100 that's in your bank account or wallet (whatever you prefer). People will say they love you just to bait you in to use and abuse you. They look, smell, and sound like the "angels of light" but time will reveal their true nature. Devils in angel's clothes is what I refer to them. They're no good and will destroy you without hesitation and will move on to the next person, too. They are "holier than thou" and will seldom discuss their own flaws, weaknesses, and "moral failures" (to protect their "righteous/perfect" image). Personally, I'd rather hang with the devils (or demons if you prefer) because at least they're real and when you get to know them, they are the nicest and most genuine people in the world. They don't have to fake who they are, they are who they are, point blank. They are open about their struggles, moral failures, and flaws for sake of becoming better people. However, I've always had the most problems with those angels that got the talk and walk down to the tee. They have the light or "halo" shining above their heads and perform their "public acts" of piety. However, time reveals they're the real devils, like the politicians in Watergate and Pharisees (that's a freestyle, y'all). They've got white on but pull back the robes, their clothes are red as blood. It's crazy. Heck, I think I'm as devil (as some people refer me to, I kind of like it!) but I'm one of the kindest dudes a person can know (when someone ticks me off over some foolishness, well, that's another thing). But man, I know about being a devil with angel's clothes but thank God, life got my head on straight. Devils in angel's clothes hurt people and don't care but angels in devil's clothes are considerate of others. Which one do you want to be? I'll take the latter status for $200, Michael.

Well, that's all I have for today. Just remember, keep your eyes focused, your memory sharp (to ensure we have reference points from our experiences to deal with the real devils), and watch the company you keep. No type of people will hurt you more than those devils in angel's clothes. They are the most malicious, vile, and manipulative people this world has to offer. Hang with the angels in devils' clothes because they're real, honest, and flawed. My friends, I hope this helps.

Til next time, David "The Devilish Angel" Overton......

P.S. - You know this blog is "metaphorically" written, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment