Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Pride Is A Dangerous Thing

Sometimes in life, you've got to come straight from the heart about what you're truly dealing with. One of my main issues in my life is pride and I know I'm not the only one who has to fight against it daily (that's right I said daily!). Pride is a sneaky little devil that enters the heart and mind of man influencing us to "exalt ourselves above measure." We attain knowledge and wisdom allowing ourselves to get puffed up. We get rich from successful business ventures and discontinue our need to rely on God. People with abundance of wealth (money, education, health care, laws, religion) are coming together to make life unbearable for the increasing masses unable to have the necessities of life (the 1%=N.W.O.). The masses stuff feeling our writings or music and we start to get the big head when it should be about God.  We know we have issues we need help with but figure we can handle things all by ourselves. Hmmm... Well, enter into the mind of David G.W. Overton for a second while I expose what I wrote in my journal ("the type of stuff that'll in-jure you" - Da' T.R.U.T.H - Price Tag-'07).

August 7, 2012, 7:05 am:

This morning, I woke up repenting to God for not repenting every day I should. Last night, I felt this urge to truly lay down my life for God. I started to feel like I didn't need to repent because of my title, my giftings, and labors for Him. I realized a stumbling block in my life and it's called pride. Pride is a dangerous thing. It'll make you think you're up there when you're really down there. Pride will have you believe you don't need God. Pride will make you trust in things instead of the One who made those things. I've found myself trusting more in resources than in the Source. It's gonna take discipline and hard work to break this attitude down. The true success is coming to God naked and unashamed. In pride, we cloak ourselves to hide our weaknesses, short comings, and dirty work. Pride is a partition separating us from God. Pride is as simple as not asking others for help in times of need. That's a big problem of mine nowadays. Pride closes you off from giving and receiving love. Pride dilutes the true power of knowledge, which is to first humble ourselves before God. Pride is believing in self-sufficiency. Pride is looking down on others based on their appearance, age, race, problems, culture, and current living arrangements. Pride is withholding help for others when they need it. Pride is thinking our own ways are right but in God's sight is wrong. Pride is not acknowledging God at all, which sort of gives us a liquor licenses to stay in various sins. Solomon was well acquainted with pride and he shared these words in Proverbs 16:18:

"Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall."

Pride is what caused Lucifer, Adam and Eve, and many of us today to fall from grace. Pride is the fast track to destruction. Ask many world renown drug pushers, musicians, singers, rappers, preachers, and politicians. They thought themselves to be something when they were really nothing without God. Take heed to Proverbs 16:18. It was written by a man who was inspired by God to tell on himself as well as show the effects of walking in pride. It has many shapes, attitudes, forms, and actions. None of us should say we have no faults, mistakes, imperfections, sin, or pride in our lives. If we do, then we're deceiving our own selves and the truth (according to Jesus Christ) ain't in us (1st John 1:8). We're just a bunch of successful liars. Let's search ourselves, it's ugly head is there. When we find it, take it's head and throw it in the fire. The root of all sin is pride and if left unchecked, the consequences are horrendous.

Til next time, dgwo

Reference:

Proverbs 16:18
Isaiah 14:12-15
1st John 1:8

No comments:

Post a Comment