Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Hard Lessons

My friends, I've been through and in many ways, still in hell, the abyss, etc. I'll admit to you all as to why I haven't posted any blogs for weeks and weeks at a time since this year has started. Depression. Anger. Regret. Blind rage. Bitterness. Hard-heartedness. You name it, I've been through it (and on certain days, still going through it). I think I've learned a lot of hard lessons within these past 7 or more months.


  • Never allow myself again to foster and enter relationships I know deep inside will destroy me
  • Be honest with your emotions, don't suppress them
  • Never push away those people (isolating yourself) who look out for your best interest (even when they hurt your feelings to tell you the truth)
  • Seek professional help ASAP when you experience a traumatic event(s)
  • People hurt you, God didn't 
  • Forgiveness is not as easy as people say it is
  • Shoulda, woulda, coulda doesn't count
  • Life requires discipline, without it, equals a life full of failure
  • Hurt unchecked leads to hurting others
  • Pure religion equals loving your neighbor

And the list goes on.....

There's some more points but I suggest you make your own. These have been some hard lessons that I'm still learning, that cuts to my very core. But these are hard lessons I have to learn. Life without them creates a spoiled brat. Hard lessons are needed in our lives to make us mature, let go of grudges against others, draw us closer to the true purpose of our individual lives, and know how to maneuver in the world. Hard lessons build our acumen. Hard lessons builds our discernment of right, wrong, and the grey areas that DO exist. Hard lessons suck because they are mandatory for us to experience. Hard lessons help change our perspectives we've been believing for a while is right. They are necessities that we don't want. I'm going through some hard lessons that has got me in a very dark place. But can I tell you something about these hard lessons? They build a hope within me to let me know, that "...One day, it'll all make sense" (peace to Common "Sense"). 

Well, that's all for me tonite. Til next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment