Monday, June 2, 2014

Know Your Self Worth

As I approach my 33rd birthday, I'm reaching to point where I hear from other people in their mid 30s say, "I don't care what people have to eat about me. Whenever I said this line before, especially in my 20s, I really didn't mean it. Today, I can honestly say, I really don't care what people say about me, what they think, or their perception about me. To quite honest, I'm on another level than some people so I don't need their "sentiments" to define who I am. I know who I am and what I'm put on this earth to do, be, and become. Most people don't know this and depreciate themselves to find validation from others. Now that's a sad existence. People give up their dreams, goals, purpose, lives, and well being just be a part of a certain culture, group, or lifestyle. Some of us become something that's "in" to find out who we are. Some time either in our childhood or different parts of our lives, our parents, true friends, and other loved ones didn't tell us to be who we want to be. Maybe they did but we allowed the peer pressure of the "in" crowd or cult like groups bewitch us into giving up our individuality in exchange for theirs (which is foul and dehumanizing). But we don't have to do that. God has give us the ability to be who and what we are destined to be. Doctors, lawyers, architects, musicians, public speakers, human rights activists, politicians, and soldiers. We only become these when we learn who we are and let no other person take us away from it. Just as Paul said, "I am who I am." Not because of men but from the grace of God given to us. The good, the bad, and the ugly. No matter what happens in life, who we are as individuals, it evolves into a better version of who we are. Do you get me, mates? Love yourself and even those punk n----s are jealous of your contentment of self, success, and talk about you yet smile in your face. Again I say love yourself. That's what I'm doing now. Never will my self worth or self esteem be founded on someone else's preferences, false religious systems of belief, fake n----as, or material things. My self worth shall be wrapped in what and who God has made me and making me to be/become. In my opinion, my friends, I suggest you do the same.

Til next time, dgwo.....

No comments:

Post a Comment