Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Changes

We can (but some to many of us won't) agree about us homosapiens (humans) is that the word change scares us. I'm not talking about a political change or what we work (or dream) for to come into an abundance in our bank accounts. I'm talking about the change where we have to grow up, man up, make better decisions, take on responsibility(ies), and learn to stop keep the masks in our lives. Changes are something that we are afraid of seeing, of embracing, of walking into, and accepting. I know I am sometimes because I realize when one thing changes in my life, everything has to change. About 95% or more don't like and we don't like when people express views of changing "the way we do things." The Pharisees didn't like Jesus' message and come to find out, that some way of thinking hasn't changed much in 2013. Within the past couple of months, I've seen so much resistance to the change that He's bringing into the world (saved and unsaved) it's a dog-on shame. Why do we resist something that is made to better us? I know why. We don't like the inevitable, the unknown, the places and times we can't control. We don't like to have to let go of the past as well as the comforts of the present we worked so hard for to escape the hardships of our past; though we say we're working towards a better future (don't front). Food for thought, my friends, this is how we think and some of you may say, wow Dave, who are you to judge me? That means God's pricking tool is at work as He pricks me to write this (which I've tried to hold back for almost two weeks; the reason why I haven't posted a blog for so long). Change is essential for us to go to that next level in our lives. While the doors are open, why not move from where we are and walk through it? But we see that we have to leave those security features of messy friends, messy relationships, messiness, messy attitudes, messy bad habits, that we've become so accustomed to. Who woulda knew that thoughts like these are presently reigning in me and you (in correct terms, you and I)? I see more resistance to change more in our churches, more in our workplace, more in our school systems, more in our races, and more in our governments like never before. Like an old man tells me, some people who act idioticly intentionally create platforms from dissallowing necessary changes to make life better from happening. We are sabotagers of our own destiny that Christ desires so much to give to us. I think this is why Paul did so much in his life because he learned to adapt to wherever and whenever the Lord lead him. Now that sounds like an old tune by Robert Blair and the Fantastic Violinaires (extreme old school). We hate the fact we have to mature; meaning learning to trust God more in more tight situations, keeping our mouths shut when people have worked past the last strands our patience, and at times, you've got to pick up that book (Holy Bible) to input wisdom so we can overcome the comforts of laziness. Changes, changes in how we perceive things and how we treat even the worst of our enemies. Seeing our enemies can be closer to us because they put on sheep's clothing with the fairest of ease. Changes are in the air, can't you smell them? The call to maturity. The call to get closer, the call to leaving behind childish things? Even those friends we think are good for us but by our love they take advantage us and transfer poison, which is slowly killing our dreams. Then when our dreams are dead, oh now we realize they are, our supposed friends move on without apology, as we have to pray to pick up the pieces of our shattered lives. Don't be like me. Go ahead and accept the changes God is making in your life. We're all spiritual beings who have been given the power of free will to make a choice to listen to the voice of God or listen to the voice of the other lesser one(s).
Changes are necessary. Changes are good. Changes are God's purposes for man so that we don't become dependent on us. But that we learn to be dependent on Christ Jesus. Now let me leave so I can apply what I just shared with you all.

Til Next Time, FKA....

References:
Psalms 90:1-12
1st Corinthians 13:11
Philippians 4:11-13

No comments:

Post a Comment