Sunday, November 4, 2012

Get Your Mind Right

Since beginning my journey in an MBA program, my mind has been through heavy rearranging. The time I used to mess off is now being used to get things accomplished. My vision is getting much clearer and my senses are heightened. I'm no longer down with the ship of mediocrity. I'm down with getting things handled, getting reproved, and moving forward. I've realized this is the perfect time for me to get my mind right. You know what else? It's time for you to get your mind right, too. Over a decade ago, a "Brooklyn-ite" by the name of Memphis Bleek came out with a song called "Get Your Mind Right." I guess it's safe to say the essence of that song was to get your mind focused on being the best that you can be. To be honest my friend, the blote has a valid point. When our mind is focused on accomplishing goals, we get it done. No excuses (fancy lies - Peace to Mandryum Moore). We become proactive instead of reactive. Getting our mind right is being productive and leaving all that high school/middle school chatterboxes in the gutter where they stand. Getting our mind right is all about moving forward and not looking back. Of course, the only way to move forward is when we have the mind of Christ. What is the mind of Christ? It's the type of mind that gives us the power to have the exact nature and character of God Himself. It causes us to pray when we see trouble coming from afar off. It's the type of mindset that causes us to speak blessings when cursings is seemingly overtaking our life. The mind of Christ helps us get our minds right and ready to roll. It's the mind regulator.

No comments:

Post a Comment