Monday, September 3, 2012

The Stretching Game

We are in a new season and a new day. Some pastors, prophets, and wise men in the business world would call this the 7th day also known as the day of rest. But to enter in this rest, we have to live, speak, think, and walk, by faith and not by sight. I'm learning this y'all, and the more I yearn to walk in faith more of my "stinking thinking" has to go. The more of me has to go, the more my "fleshly nature" has to be burnt up in the sight of God. Now, I'm not trying to get all spiritual, I'm just being real. These past 8 to 9 months, maybe even longer has been a stretch for me. It hasn't been easy. From my days of just being spoiled by Momma Royal to being a snot nosed punk in the Army, to being born again, to having to mature in many levels of my life, it's been a stretch. Right now, having a new job (and will be in training for the next 6 months), to going back to school this Tuesday for an MBA, to family duties, to ministerial duties, and most importantly keeping my relationship with God fresh is a stretch. Even now, one of my good friends has asked me to work on a musical project for him (not boasting but just giving an example) because he saw something in me that I've been afraid of. Maybe because I didn't want to disappoint him or maybe I was afraid of failure (of facing good criticism). It must be the latter, I tell you. But the good thing is that I'm learning to allow God to stretch me. To be stretched is have the willing mind and heart to go through change, a transformation, a metamorphosis. This is what life is all about and for us to reach our full potential, our manifest destiny, we have to be willing to be stretched. I've been listening to a "purple tape (hip-hop heads, you know the lingo)" by Bishop Tudor Bismark about a wise saying from Solomon.

Proverbs 22:13:

The slothful man saith, There is a lion without, I shall be slain in the streets.

This is saying that some of us are stuck in our place of comfort because we don't want to grow up. We don't want to go to that next level in life because we know it requires many sacrifices. It requires maturity. It requires us to lean on God instead of our own crazy man understandings. I'm just saying. God wants to enlarge our territory but are we willing allow Him to do so? We're so happy with a thousand bones (dollars) but when we just go ahead and get stretched we can gain so much more. So many of us are frustrated and weary but don't want the Lord to stretch us. Time out for that cuzo. It's time enlarge our territories and strengthen our stakes (Isaiah 54:2). Jesus did and be as successful as He, we've got to be stretched. That's what I love about Him, He don't give me know rest until I've yielded and let Him have His way in me. It's not easy but like CeCe Winans sang a long time ago, it's worth it.

Til Next Time, dgwo.

References:
Proverbs 22:13
Isaiah 54:2-5

No comments:

Post a Comment