Friday, September 21, 2012

Searching....

Happy Friday to everyone. I know it's been a while since I've written a blog. I've been through an internal and external battle. It's crazy. Sometimes when you go through things, they don't come to you unexpectedly. They come to you through time of build up and if not dealt with they will consume you. I was almost consumed until I received some much needed help and I'm still working to get my house square. Some of you may be asking, did David sin? Did he cheat on his beautiful wife Dionn? Did he get strung out on drugs? Was he a part of a prostitution ring? Did he rob a bank? To all of those questions, heavens no. I will say this, I'm on a search. My life long goal is to seek balance in my life. Lately, my life has been disorganized, not prioritized, unmanageable, withered, broken (and I mean literally), and jacked up. Here was my priority list:

1. me 2. church 3. work. 4. hussle for the dollar 4. worry about the dollar 5. myself.........

Through much needed prayer and meditating on the readings of Solomon; mostly the book of Proverbs, I am "re-prioritized."

1. Jesus Christ 2. family 3. church 4. work/school 5. me..........

My friends, I've been searching to achieve the unachievable, to attain the unattainable. Only wise men who lay their lives down before the Father will achieve this goal because it takes much work. No, I haven't arrived to the state of perfection, but I'm trying to be who God has called me to be. That means a man of integrity, honesty, compassion, action, forgiveness, love, standards, statutes, and helping others. Most importantly, keeping Jesus at the center of it all. Now, some of you may not like my views and that's ok. But once you've experienced the literal, mental, spiritual, emotional, financial, and physical Hades I've been through, you won't understand why I do this. I do this to praise the Savior who's given me another chance to get it right before I close my eyes forever. My prayer for all of us today, is that we begin to make a diligent search of God, His ways, His purpose, and how He wants us to live. Now, it's going to cost us losing things to attain the better. That's what He is all about, what separates Him from the kings we've set up from all these little gods in the world. He allows and even conducts things in our lives to point to Him so we may search after Him (Romans 1:20). So I encourage you to take heed to these words from my good friend Solomon:

Proverbs 18:1:
"Through desire a man, having separated himself, seeketh and intermeddleth with all wisdom."

In order to attain those good things from our search for wisdom, we have to soak ourselves into God through His word and seeking fellowship with Him; thereby separating ourselves from things that will bring us down.

Til Next Time, dgwo

No comments:

Post a Comment