Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Where Is The Love?

The older I get, as the times change, I'm seeing that love has become a superficial word we as a society to use. Stevie Wonder had a song that posed this question back in the 90s. Almost 20 bullets later, his truth looks absolute. I believe more and more people are becoming sociopaths to be honest. Hell, I see sociopathic tendencies in my own behavior. This morning I had to accord that I've allowed life to "trip me up." I realized that love is it already has left my heart. Or maybe I'm feeling the effects of what I perceive going on around me. Mothers are turning against their daughters. Fathers abandon their sons. Friends turn on each other. Someone catches the raw end of the deal and if they don't have a shoulder to cry on, the hurt go out into the world hurting others. I've distanced myself so I don't become the asshole others have been to me. I'll tell you right now, within the past two weeks, I've seen the total disparity of  humanity, from family, to job, to religion. All I have to ask is, where is the love? How can family members say they love each other but put knives in each other's back? How can churches/preachers  say they love God but condemn others unlike them? How can friends friend enemies; thereby betray their other friends to run with their enemies? How can spouses think so lowly of each other when things get hard? Ask yourself, where is the love in your love? 



Til Next Time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment