Saturday, July 20, 2013

Saturday Edition: The Sinking Ship

I've been reading a lot about what's going on our beloved nation. The break up of Defense of Marriage Act. The great city of Detroit filing for bankruptcy. The "I told you so" verdict of the Zimmerman trial. Congress' failure to make a deal to prevent the rise of student loan rates. The now rebuttal to "double jeopardy" because of the Zimmerman verdict. The lowered standards of education, especially in Texas, my new home state (but I'm a Wolfpack N.C. man at heart, Lol). All these things and more have sort of got me in meditation mode, you know. I'm trying to figure out, how in the world did we get here? Where did all of this chaos come from? For most of us, we can say the old catch phrase, "the devil made me do it." Yeah, the so-called "prince of the power of the air" does have a lot of influence in this world. Even in the garden of Eden, he made Adam turn a blind eye while Eve made a deal with him to become "a god." But do you want to know what I really think, my friends? It's the fragility and darkness of men's hearts that has orchestrated this chaos. How could Detroit, once the premiere city for music, big business, and sports turn into a real life version of "The Walking Dead?" How did a man who knowingly shot a young boy out of prejudice because his appearance rather than his heart get away with murder? How did the "powers that be" influence the jury's decision find him innocent, now opening the door for the Department of Justice to one day decimate "Double Jeopardy" (remember, they couldn't get OJ for the '94 murders so they had to frame him)? How come now everybody is on the bandwagon supporting gay marriage when it's not only the divine law of God but the working of nature that marriage is between a man and a woman (even the people of Mesopotamia knew this-do your research)? Why is it that our now generation is being lied to in their history classes and made to take tests that even their teachers can't pass (hello Texas State Board of Education)? All of these things and many more are the product of allowed chaos? Where is the voice of reason in all this? Where is truth? Where is real justice? Where's the standard? These past few weeks, I've been dealing with a lot of "indecisiveness" in my own life. All of these things happening around. I feel like sometimes, I'm in a sinking ship, sot of like the Titanic. I remember my 9th grade History teacher Mr. King (Enloe High School '95, Raleigh, NC- YayYay!) told us that by the time we get his age, things in law, education, finances, and morality would change. Wow, was that man right. By all means y'all, I'm not a "holy roller" who has an "inverted view" of things. I'm very cultured and I do believe America is that sinking ship. Just like Rome. Just like Ancient Egypt. Just like Babylon. I guess Lecrae was right, "everything is falling." When the world is off course, somebody, just one person has to shake themselves and go back to the One who put things back on course. You know the name. And it's by it that we can be saved, from the sinking ship.

Til next time, Love, peace, and soooooouullllll!  - dgwo

References:
Psalms 82
Acts 4:10-12

No comments:

Post a Comment