Sunday, June 23, 2013

Coming Of Age: Stop Wasting Time

A friend of mine told me a couple of days ago that I'm tired of the foolishness and that I'm ready to live. She was correct. I am tired and ready to live. Most importantly, I'm tired of wasting time (as well as money) on things as well as people that are useless. As cold hearted as it may sound, this is where I am today. I'm making a choice to live and live it abundantly. We as human beings, especially in my weekly surroundings don't see that. Only a few and their tired of life as they have been experiencing it , too. My friends, I've wasted most of my life especially my adulthood (so far) on things and people that are useless. I remember hearing one preacher on a television program share some real talk a out this thing called life. He said the most valuable thing God has given mankind is time. Time worth more than money because it takes time to make it. However, we can't make money or raise our families or work on achieving God's dream in our lives if we waste our time. I've learned throughout these past three years that time will go by quickly always being sucked up by others' drama. We people allow it. I know I have done it for a long long long long time. Recently I made a decision to stop allowing things like fear and stupidity keep me from living that abundant life.  When others see you making that decision they are not going to like you. So what? At the end of our life story we all have to stand before God and tell him what we did with our life that he gave us. Did we travel? Did we help our friends come out of the gang life? Did we start that multimillion dollar business? Did we start a community center to help those who are less fortunate get their education and their computer skills? I decided to live God's dream inside of me and remove every mountain in my way.  My friends, this is our time, the greatest time in earth's history to make a difference. When things are the darkest that's when he light will shine the brightest. So I encourage you as well as myself to stop wasting time. Make something out of your life and don't procrastinate. Let the haters hate because they decided to be lazy but you were diligent to attain what  you want and need in this lifetime. Now that's the abundant life.

Til next time, dgwo.

Reference: 
John 10:10

No comments:

Post a Comment